This temporary visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be under 50 years of age
- Be in Australia at the time of application and decision
- Hold an eligible visa
- Meet the Australian study requirement (completion of eligible course in the last 6 months)
- Meet the English language requirement
- Meet health and character requirements
- Must have appropriate health insurance
There are two streams for Subclass 485 visa:
- Graduate Work stream – This is for international students with an eligible qualification, who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on an eligible skilled occupation list called MLTSSL. The visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
- Post-Study Work (PSW) stream – This is for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.
This is a temporary visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia temporarily with full travel, work and study rights
- Bring your family members
- Apply for permanent visas on meeting requirements
Please Book a Consultation for an initial assessment and find out if you are eligible for an Australian visa and let us guide you towards your Australian migration goal.