This permanent visa is for points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or relative but are nominated by a state or territory government agency.
The application for this visa is by invitations only. The applicant must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply for this visa. Once invited, the visa must be lodged within 60 days.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
To lodge an EOI and visa application, you must:
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation to apply
- Meet the minimum English language requirement (Competent English)
- Have skills and qualifications for an occupation listed on an eligible skilled occupation list called STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List)
- Have a relevant skills assessment
- Have been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency
- Meet the minimum points score (currently 60)
- Meet health and character requirements
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Apply for Medicare
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You can also access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods).
Nomination by state or territory government agencies
Nominations are offered by various state or territory government agencies to selected skilled workers with skill-sets that are in demand. Each state or territory government agency has their own requirements for offering nominations, which must be met in order to secure the nomination.
Please Book a Consultation for an initial assessment and find out if you are eligible for an Australian visa and let us guide you towards your Australian migration goal.