The ACS Professional Year program has been developed and endorsed by Australian Computer Society (ACS) and is available to overseas students who have an Australian Computing/IT degree qualification as a result of at least two years’ of study in Australia.
Professional Year is a 44 weeks’ practical training program, including 32 weeks of coursework and a 12-week hands-on internship with a relevant host company.
Benefits of doing Professional Year Program
A Professional Year will help you:
- Understand and get familiar with the employment market and Australian workplace culture.
- Develop skills to communicate effectively with office colleagues, learn office etiquettes and how to deal with customers and managers.
- Get valuable work experience through internships at Australian workplace.
- Access networking opportunities as a graduate member of the ACS
- Claim five (5) points towards permanent residency application
To qualify for the ICT Professional Year program, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Australia for ICT
- Currently holding or have applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) and must have at least 12 months validity or; hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- English proficiency with at least a PTE score of 50 or IELTS score of 6.0 in each of the modules or equivalent
How can we help?
We have assisted thousands of students in choosing right courses and reaching their academic and career goals. Our team is well trained in dealing with admissions, visa process, skills assessments, state nominations and more. With over 15 years of experience, more students have trusted us with their admission and visa related work, and regularly refer their friends to us!
My Migration is a proud partner with the top Professional Year providers in the industry. We can help you with best Professional Year deals in Engineering, ICT or Accounting. Please contact us on 0433 790 524 or email us at email@example.com to speak to our friendly consultants.