The Professional Year in Engineering program assists engineering graduates to prepare themselves for the Australian job market and gain skills and experience for a successful career.
Professional Year is a 44-52 weeks’ practical training program, including a 12-week hands-on internship with a relevant host company.
Benefits of a Professional Year program
Here are some of the benefits of an Engineering Professional Year program:
- Understand and get familiar with the employment market and Australian workplace culture
- Develop skills to communicate effectively with office colleagues, learn office etiquettes and how to deal with customers and managers
- Gain an understanding of the Australian Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Get valuable work experience through internships at Australian workplace
- Build a network of peers and professionals and apply your practical training in the workplace
- Become a professional member of Engineers Australia
- Claim five (5) points towards permanent residency application
To qualify for a Professional Year in Engineering, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Engineering
- be currently holding or have applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) and must have at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- English proficiency with at least a PTE-A score of 50 with nothing below 36 or IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all 4 modules or equivalent
- provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia
Graduates from overseas universities may be eligible to complete the Professional Year in Engineering on a 476 visa.
For further information visit the Engineering Education Australia website
Who offers Engineering Professional Year?
Engineering Professional Year program is only offered by two institutes, Navitas Professional and Monash Professional Pathways.
- Location – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
- Option to transfer between eight campuses
For detailed information click on the link – Engineering Professional Year at Navitas
Monash Professional Pathways
- Location – Melbourne
For more information click on the link – Engineering Professional Year at Monash
Tuition Fees and other costs
The recommended fee for the Professional Year in Engineering is:
- Option One – Full Payment on Application ($15,200)
- Option Two – Three Instalments over 4 months ($15,500)
Please check with us for current fees.
How can we help?
We have assisted thousands of students in choosing right courses and reaching their academic and career goals. Our team is well trained in dealing with admissions, visa process, skills assessments, state nominations and more. With over 15 years of experience, more students have trusted us with their admission and visa related work, and regularly refer their friends to us!
My Migration is a proud partner with the top Professional Year providers in the industry. We can help you with best Professional Year deals in Engineering, ICT or Accounting. Please contact us on 0433 790 524 or email us at email@example.com to speak to our friendly consultants.