Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)
The Accounting Professional Year Program (previously known as SMIPA), developed by CPA Australia, the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) is available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification as a result of at least two years’ study in Australia and provides opportunity to develop the skills and training they need to have a successful career.
Accounting Professional Year is a 44 weeks’ training program, including a 12-week internship placement with a relevant host company.
Benefits of a Professional Year program
A Professional Year will help you:
- Understand and get familiar with the employment market and Australian workplace culture.
- Develop skills to communicate effectively with office colleagues, learn office etiquettes and how to deal with customers and managers.
- Get valuable work experience through internships at Australian workplace
- Claim five (5) points towards permanent residency application
To qualify for the Accounting Professional Year program, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Australia for Accounting
- Currently holding or have applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) and must have at least 12 months validity or hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity (contact us for more details)
- English proficiency with at least a PTE score of 50 or IELTS score of 6.0 in each of the modules or equivalent
- Provide a valid skills assessment by an accredited skills assessing authority (CPA/IPA/CA ANZ) or VETASSESS (in the occupation Internal Auditor)
How can we help?
We have assisted thousands of students in choosing right courses and reaching their academic and career goals. Our team is well trained in dealing with admissions, visa process, skills assessments, state nominations and more. With over 15 years of experience, more students have trusted us with their admission and visa related work, and regularly refer their friends to us!
My Migration is a proud partner with the top Professional Year providers in the industry. We can help you with best Professional Year deals in Engineering, ICT or Accounting. Please contact us on 0433 790 524 or email us at email@example.com to speak to our friendly consultants.