This is a permanent visa and requires nomination by an approved Australian employer in regional area in Australia.
There are three streams under RSMS:
- the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- the Direct Entry stream (closed to new applications)
- the Agreement stream (closed to new applications)
This visa involves a two step process:
- Nomination by an approved Australian business
- Visa application under TRT stream
Basic requirements for your business to meet to nominate the applicant:
- You actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)
- You have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill in a skilled position
- You offer a skilled position in the applicant’s filed that is full time and ongoing for at least two years and sign employment contract with the applicant
- You pay a market salary
- You comply with Australian immigration and workplace relation laws
- There is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business
You mustmeet the requirements of TRT stream.
Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Stream
If you have already sponsored the applicant for a 482 visa, you should use this stream and meet following requirements:
- The applicant must have worked in the nominated position in your business on a 482 visa for at least two years
- The nomination must be for the same occupation as the previous 482 visa for the applicant
- The position must be full time, ongoing and available for at least two years and must be the same position in which the applicant has previously worked on a 482 visa
- You must have met the subclass 482 training requirements in each year you have been a standard business sponsor
Validity of Nomination
Nomination is valid for 6 months from the date of grant.
You can lodge the visa application with the nomination or within 6 months of nomination grant.
To lodge the visa application, you must:
- Have been nominated by an approved business in regional Australia
- Are under the age of 50 at the time of application (unless exempted)
- Be nominated to work in an occupation on the CSOL
- Have the skills and qualifications requirement for the nominated occupation
- Meet registration and licensing obligations (if applicable)
- Meet minimum English language requirement at the time of application (unless exempted)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply for the visa
Temporary Residence Transition Stream
You might be able to get this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you:
- hold a subclass 457 visa or 482 (TSS) visa or Bridging visa A, B or C (granted after your subclass 457 or TSS visa expired)
- have at least Competent English (You are exempt from this requirement if you have completed at least 5 years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution where all tuition was delivered in English)
- worked for two years in the same position your employer nominated you for while you held your subclass 457 or 482 visa as the primary visa holder, your employer has nominated you for a permanent position under this stream, and the nomination has been approved.
Your skills do not need to be assessed because you have already worked for your nominating employer for two years in Australia.
What this visa lets you do
This visa allows you and your family to live in Australia and work permanently in a regional area. A regional area is anywhere other than the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne.
This is a permanent residence visa. It allows you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Apply for Medicare
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
Please Book a Consultation for an initial assessment and find out if you are eligible for an Australian visa and let us guide you towards your Australian migration goal.