Quick Enquiry

Family visas to Australia are broadly divided into following categories:

  • Parent visas
  • Partner visas
  • Other visas (child visas, carer visas, relative visas etc.)

There are different visa options for parents to live in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. Visas with higher costs are processed faster and are called Contributory parent visas (because of the significant financial contribution made by applicants).

For parent visas to be granted, you must:

  • Be sponsored
  • Meet the balance-of-family (BOF) test
  • Meet health and character requirements

If you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, then you may be eligible for one of the partner visas.

You must be able to prove that your relationship is genuine and continuing. You must live with your partner or if you do not, any separation must be only temporary. You must also meet health and character requirements.

Other visa types in family visas are

  • Child visas (including orphan relative, adoption, dependent child visas)
  • Carer visas
  • Relative visas (including dependent relative, remaining relative and aged dependent relative visas)

Please contact us if you would like to get more information about these visas and to check your eligibility.