State Nomination updates – March 2020
- Posted by: Jag Khairra
- Category: Australia, GSM, Skills Assessment, State Nomination, Visa
New application guidelines are now available.
You can access the new guidelines here: http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/491-190-nomination-guidelines-january-2020.pdf
ACT Invitation Round
Invitation date: 2 March 2020
ACT 190 Nomination – invitations issued: 110
- All Matrix submitted: 110 to 75 points
- 70 point Matrix submitted on or before 14 December 2019
ACT 491 Nomination – invitations issued: 131
- All Matrix submitted: 95 to 70 points
- 65 point Matrix submitted on or before 1 January 2020
ALL matrix expire 6 months after submission date if an invitation is not issued. The next invitation round will be held on or before 17 March 2020.
South Australia (SA)
Occupation list: Changes in the status of occupation availability
Special Conditions Apply
- 121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 132511 Research and Development Manager
- 249214 Music Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 121221 Vegetable Grower
- 254412 Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 133411 Manufacturer
- 241111 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School)
- Category 3 – overseas applicant job offer is permanently closed for Tasmania 190 nominations. Please refer to Subclass 491 category 3B for alternative overseas applicant Job Offer information. Find more information here: https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_nominated_visa
- Multiple nominations are not permitted. Applicants granted a Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa will not be able reapply for a Subclass 190 in the future. The Subclass 491 visa provides a pathway to permanent residency by way of a Subclass 191 visa. Previous state nominees supported for a Subclass 489 visa will need to follow the pathway to permanent residency by way of the Subclass 887 visa.
Western Australia (WA)
New occupation The occupation Retail Pharmacist (ANZSCO 251513) is now available on the Graduate Occupation List and eligible for State nomination through the Graduate stream.
This occupation is restricted to ‘Regional WA Only’, meaning that you must be able to provide evidence of a job offer/contract of employment in a location defined by the Commonwealth as Category 3 – Regional Centres and Other Regional Areas (not Perth and Mandurah) to be eligible for State nomination.
This includes the following areas by postcodes: 6041 to 6044, 6084, 6207, 6213, 6215 to 6537, and 6560 to 6770.
The above article constitutes only generic information on migration issues, and does not constitute specific migration advice to any entity or individual.