Canberra (ACT) opens Nominations for 491 and 190 visas
- Posted by: Jag Khairra
- Categories: Australia, GSM, State Nomination, Visa
The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) now offers Territory nomination for following visas:
- Skilled Regional (provisional) subclass 491 visa.
- Skilled Nominated (permanent) subclass 190 visa.
Applying for ACT nomination is a two stage process:
- You must formally express an interest in applying for ACT nomination. You can do so by completing a score-based ‘Canberra Matrix’ where you are allocated points against demonstrated economic contribution or benefit and/or a genuine commitment to be part of the ACT community. You can select either ACT 491 nomination or ACT 190 nomination. The highest ranked candidates in each stream will then be selected and invited to apply for ACT nomination.
- If you are invited to apply for ACT nomination, you must complete and submit the online application (and pay the service fee) within 14 days. You must attach the required documents to evidence your eligibility and Matrix score claimed at the date of Matrix submission.
You must read the ACT nomination guidelines carefully to ensure that you are eligible to complete the Canberra Matrix for ACT 491 / 190 nomination. If you are invited to apply for ACT nomination, your supporting documentation must evidence that you met the eligibility criteria and Matrix score claimed at the date you submitted the Matrix.
Check out the updated Occupation List for ACT nominations: http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/portal/migrating/article/act-occupation-list/
Check out the updated Guidelines for ACT nominations: http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/491-190-nomination-guidelines-1-jan-2020.pdf
The above article constitutes only generic information on migration issues, and does not constitute specific migration advice to any entity or individual.